~ THE SPIRITUALITY OF THE SEASON OF SPRING ~



.


.
When out running, I almost always carry my little Canon camera with me.  It serves to give me the opportunity to at least try and capture a moment of beauty, for one can return a few moments or even seconds later, and the whole scene has changed completely as shadows and light do their work of creating a sight that stops me literally in my tracks.   


.As Irish poet, philosopher and Celtic theologian John O'Donohue once upon a time mused, "Beauty only visits, it never lingers."


.


"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot stop spring from coming."   Pablo Neruda


As Gerald Manley Hopkins reportedly said, "The world is charged with the grandeur of God."



The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. Harriet Ann Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment